Yesterday I had a birthday. I'm 38. Thirty Eight. It's not very old, yet it sure sounds old when you realize i'm trying to get pregnant right before my 20th high school reunion. It feels old when your 3 year old wakes up at 5 am raring to go after you barely crashed at midnight. It feels old when you're running a business and a family and a household while injecting synthetic hormones into your belly in the hopes of being granted one. more. baby. But 38 really isn't that old. Tell my ovaries that, Ok?
- Kisses under the blankets while wild laughter fills the room
- Spending the morning at her new preschool and settling a little bit more.
- Facebook birthday wishes every 10 minutes from friends near and far, new and old.
- An afternoon of t-ball and wading pools and eating tomatoes off the vine
- A long hot birthday bath with a glass of wine whilst my husband made the birthday dinner of honey mustard pork chops and roasted root vegetables.
- Finishing the day with Cupycakes, while the sweet girl slumbers. She'll get her cupycake for breakfast