Thirteen things that SUCK about this week.
1. Husband starting to feel sick on saturday night.
2. Husband continuing to feel sick all day sunday. Took a 3 hour nap. Jealous.
3. Getting a call from child care provider mid afternoon that baby has fever of 103.
4. Realizing as I hang up the phone that I feel pretty crappy too.
5. Coming home to crying baby, moaning husband and your own rising temperature.
6. Night after night after night of baby waking ever 30 mins to nurse, or to cry in pain from the fever.
7. Night after night after night of baby sleeping on top of you. While you suffer through 103.5 fever.
8. Husband is too sick to help. all. week. Man cold. (truthfully, I've only seen him this sick one other time in 12 years)
9. Baby is so sick she refuses to even LOOK at anyone else in the house all week. The only thing she has eyes for are my boobs.
10. My. boobs. are. so. sore. Nursing every 30 mins round the clock is exhausting.
11. Having one of these sick days be also a no nap day. now THAT was brilliant.
12. Waking up from a long nap with baby to find that she has symptoms of a brewing ear infection.
13. Taking a long bath to kill your chills, only to have them return 20 mins later.
yeah, it's been a shitty week. however, I've had tons of friends who have reached out, offered help and even a couple who have brought us amazing meals. (of course they RAN from the house of the flu with their faces covered.
Hopefully this will pass soon (altho when my mom had this flu, she was out for 10 days. TEN DAYS!) and we'll be right as rain next week!