My mom was just visiting, and she rocks. so..
1. She respects how we choose to parent my child. More than that, she is a willing participant. ie: when she told ruby to say please, and we explained why we don't force her to say it, she 'got it' and was happy to oblige. Respect is something she's always given me, and I love it.
2. She really knows how to play with my baby. She's a preschool teacher and is so amazing with kids! She gets ruby laughing and learning without batting an eye.
3. She loves me so much. No explanation needed. :)
4. She's funny, and gets funnier with age. ie: she refers to herself as 'vintage' not old.
5. She's creative and has taught me so much about harnessing my creativity.
6. She was my girl scout leader growing up, and was always involved in my life, but not so much that she was annoying or overbearing. She's not a GS leader anymore but still thinks like one, which makes life fun, in that she's always looking for fun things to do and ways to better the world around her.
7. She (and my dad) were the first people who taught me to care about the environment.
8. She loves gardening (and has helped me learn so much about my garden!) and can revive a houseplant with one look! well not really, but she's saved more than one of mine.
9. She really loves my kid. (well who doesn't!)
10. She makes a mean Chili Relleno. yum.
11. She can take some fabric and thread and turn it into anything from a dishtowel to a ballroom gown if you ask her. Amazing.
12. She is always the first person to offer someone a helping hand, a meal when needed and a shoulder to cry on. She's a great hugger.
13. She's a great mama. Has taught me (almost) everything I know.
I love you mom! Thanks for being mine :)